Runway, ATLSW, and the Elevator Pitch
In my morning #startup readings today, I found three gems too good not to share. From Jeff Hilimire, CEO of Dragon Army, in “With startups, the runway is often more important than the plane“, the money quote:
Rovio (creators of the game “Angry Birds”) created 51 games over six years before they stumbled upon Angry Birds.
Second, if you were not able to attend Atlanta Startup Weekend the past 3 days at ATDC, it was almost as fun following along on Twitter. I had signed up, but some surgeon decided to reach into my gut and remove my gallbladder. WTH?!? Anyway, here are the money quotes and winners from #ATLSW.
- “Is that legal?” Mike Marian
- “How do you make money?” Blake Patton
- “Pitch Q&A tip. Don’t disagree w/ the judges.” Jen Bonnett
And the 2014 #ATLSW winners are…
- 1st Place: AutoIQ – Powered-up Kelly blue book, tells private sellers when the perfect time to sell their vehicle is based on external factors.
- 2nd Place: MyChefsTable – Connecting diners with talented chefs in Atlanta to bring the best meal experiences right in to your home.
- 3rd Place: 2 Minute Valet – Hassle free valet app featuring electronic tipping! Coming to a restaurant, mall, casino, and hotel near you.